Sending funeral flowers is a traditional way most of us show our support and sympathy for the mourning family. Ordering the flowers is fairly straightforward, but writing a message on the card that accompanies them is a different story. As hard as it is, writing a card is an important part of comforting the bereaved family.
- 1 Funeral Flower Messages for Mums
- 2 Funeral Flower Messages for Dads
- 3 Funeral Flower Messages for Children
- 4 Funeral Flower Messages for a Co-worker
- 5 Funeral Flower Messages from an Employer
- 6 Religious Funeral Flower Messages
- 7 Short and Simple Funeral Flower Messages
- 8 What Not to Write as a Funeral Flower Message
- 9 Choosing a Funeral Card Message
Funeral Flower Messages for Mums
What to write on a funeral flowers card for your mum is not easy, but short, simple messages are often the best.
- For a wonderful mum – I will miss you always.
- You were the best mum. I love you.
- Love you, mum.
- I will miss you, mum. I love you – rest in peace.
- Rest in peace, mum. I will always love you.
- You were a wonderful mum, and I will miss you greatly.
- All my love, mum. I will miss you.
Expressing the depth of your feelings for someone else’s loss is just as, if not even more, difficult. Here are some suggestions.
- Our deepest sympathies for your loss.
- Our condolences to all of you for the recent passing of your mother.
- Sorry for the loss of your mother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Your mother was a wonderful person. We will all miss her greatly.
- You and your family are all in our thoughts and prayers.
- All who knew your mother will miss her greatly—our condolences to your family.
- We offer prayers of comfort to you and your family on the passing of your mother.
Funeral Flower Messages for Dads
As with a funeral message for mum, trying to put your thoughts into words for dad is a challenge. Keep the message simple and respectful.
- Rest in peace, dad. I will always miss you.
- You were the best father in the world. I love you, and will miss you.
- You will always be missed, dad—all of my love.
- You will forever be in my heart. Love you.
- You were a wonderful dad, and I will miss you—all my love.
- Love you, dad. Rest in peace.
- You were the best dad. I love you, and always will.
If someone else’s father passed away, these messages will show your heartfelt support.
- Your father was a wonderful man and a great friend. We will miss him.
- Our thoughts are with you as you mourn the loss of your father.
- You have our condolences on the loss of your father.
- The passing of your father means the world has lost a wonderful man.
- You are all in our thoughts as you mourn the passing of your father.
- We are sorry to learn of [Name] ‘s passing. We will miss him.
- Your father was such a kind man. He will be sorely missed.
Funeral Flower Messages for Children
In many ways, writing a funeral message for children is one of the hardest things to do.
- We are so sorry for the loss of [Name]. You have our deepest condolences.
- [Name] has gone far too soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Our deepest sympathy for the loss of [Name]. You are all in our prayers.
- We were heartbroken to learn of your loss. Our deepest condolences.
Funeral Flower Messages for a Co-worker
If you need to fill out a funeral card for the loss of a co-worker, here are some suggestions.
- I worked with [name] for a long time, and I will never forget his/her kindness and friendship.
- We remember [Name] fondly. We will miss him/her sorely.
- We are sorry for your loss. He/she was a great person to work with.
- [Name] was the life of the office. He/she will be greatly missed.
- Our family’s thoughts go out to you and your family.
- Nothing will be the same without [Name]. He/she was such an important part of our lives.
- He/she was a caring and wonderful colleague. We will all miss him/her greatly.
Funeral Flower Messages from an Employer
On the same note, if you’re an employer who lost an employee, these are appropriate messages from which to choose.
- I cannot tell you how much we will miss [Name]. He/she was a wonderful part of our company.
- You have my deepest sympathies during this difficult time.
- [Name] ‘s colleagues and I will miss him/her deeply. Our heartfelt condolences to you.
- All of us here will miss [Name] greatly. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- [Name] was loved and respected by all who knew him/her—our condolences to you and your family.
- [Name] will be fondly remembered by all of us here. We will miss him/her.
- Our deepest condolences on your loss. [Name] will be missed by all of us.
- I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Religious Funeral Flower Messages
Sometimes a message that is religious in intent is the most appropriate for funeral flowers.
- [Name] is now in God’s arms.
- May the Lord bless [Name] and keep him/her in His care.
- May you gently rest in God’s arms.
- [Name] ‘s soul is now at peace with the Lord.
- A silent thought and a quiet prayer, for a special person, in God’s care.
- In God’s arms, may you gently rest.
- Our prayer is just a simple prayer; God bless and keep you in His care.
- For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s. Romans 14:8
Short and Simple Funeral Flower Messages
Whatever the relationship is to the person who has passed, there are general messages you can use.
- May you rest in peace.
- Gone but not forgotten.
- You will be forever in our thoughts.
- You will forever be in our hearts.
- You will forever be in our thoughts.
- Sorely missed.
- You will be greatly missed.
- Thinking of you.
What Not to Write as a Funeral Flower Message
Although there are many messages you can choose to write, there are some you should avoid.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- They are in a better place.
- It’s all part of God’s plan.
- It’s God’s will.
- I understand your pain.
- I know what you are feeling.
- You will see them again one day.
- It is for the best.
- They lived a full life.
It’s not that your intentions are bad, but these messages are not the most comforting for the mourning.
Choosing a Funeral Card Message
Choosing a funeral card message that truly says what you are feeling is difficult. The messages we’ve listed above will hopefully give you an idea of what you can write. You can change or adapt any one of the messages to fit your situation.