what to write on funeral flowers
Funeral card messages examples
Sending funeral flowers is a traditional way most of us show our support and sympathy for the mourning family. Ordering the flowers is fairly straightforward, but writing a message on the card that accompanies them is a different story. As hard as it is, writing a card is an important part of comforting the bereaved family.
- Funeral card messages examples
- what to write on funeral flowers card for mum
- Funeral Flower Messages for Dads
- Funeral Flower Messages for Children
- Funeral Flower Messages for a Co-worker
- Funeral Flower Messages from an Employer
- Religious Funeral Flower Messages
- Short and Simple Funeral Flower Messages
- What Not to Write as a Funeral Flower Message
- Choosing a Funeral Card Message
what to write on funeral flowers card for mum
- For a wonderful mum – I will miss you always.
- You were the best mum. I love you.
- Love you, mum.
- I will miss you, mum. I love you – rest in peace.
- Rest in peace, mum. I will always love you.
- You were a wonderful mum, and I will miss you greatly.
- All my love, mum. I will miss you.
Knowing what to write on a funeral flower card for your Mum is tough, you ideally would want some personal to you, so whilst we cant help with that, there are a few similar, generic suggestions above which might help.
Short Verses for funeral flowers mum
Religious Verses for Mum
- He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.
- A silent thought, a quiet prayer. For a special person in God’s care.
- Those who die in grace go no further from us than God and God is very near.
- Softly in the morning, You heard a gentle call. You too the hand God offered you, And quietly left us all
- Looking back with memories,
Upon the path you trod.
We bless the hours we had with you
And will leave the rest with God.
- Until we meet again, May God Hold you in the palm of his hand
Non-Religious Verses for Mum
- You were always there when we needed you. No task too great or small. With loving heart and willing hands, For us you did it all.
- Your life was love and labour, Your love for your family true, You did your best for all of us, We will always remember you
- Those we love don’t go away,
They walk beside us every day,
Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed, and very dear.
- Loved with a love beyond all telling, Missed with a grief beyond all tears.
- Remembering you is easy, We do it every day. It’s the heartache of losing you That will never go away
- We lost a mother (father) with a heart of Gold, How much we miss her (him), can never be told. In our thoughts forever
- No matter how life changes, No matter what we do, A special place within our hearts, Is always kept for you.
- A daily thought, a silent tear,
A constant wish that you were here.
Expressing the depth of your feelings for someone else’s loss is just as, if not even more, difficult. Here are some suggestions.
- Our deepest sympathies for your loss.
- Our condolences to all of you for the recent passing of your mother.
- Sorry for the loss of your mother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Your mother was a wonderful person. We will all miss her greatly.
- You and your family are all in our thoughts and prayers.
- All who knew your mother will miss her greatly—our condolences to your family.
- We offer prayers of comfort to you and your family on the passing of your mother.
Funeral Flower Messages for Dads
- Rest in peace, dad. I will always miss you.
- You were the best father in the world. I love you, and will miss you.
- You will always be missed, dad—all of my love.
- You will forever be in my heart. Love you.
- You were a wonderful dad, and I will miss you—all my love.
- Love you, dad. Rest in peace.
- You were the best dad. I love you, and always will.
As with a funeral message for mum, trying to put your thoughts into words for dad is a challenge. Keep the message simple and respectful.
- Your father was a wonderful man and a great friend. We will miss him.
- Our thoughts are with you as you mourn the loss of your father.
- You have our condolences on the loss of your father.
- The passing of your father means the world has lost a wonderful man.
- You are all in our thoughts as you mourn the passing of your father.
- We are sorry to learn of [Name] ‘s passing. We will miss him.
- Your father was such a kind man. He will be sorely missed.
If someone else’s father passed away, these messages will show your heartfelt support.
Funeral Flower Messages for Children
- We are so sorry for the loss of [Name]. You have our deepest condolences.
- [Name] has gone far too soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- Our deepest sympathy for the loss of [Name]. You are all in our prayers.
- We were heartbroken to learn of your loss. Our deepest condolences.
In many ways, writing a funeral message for children is one of the hardest things to do.
Funeral Flower Messages for a Co-worker
- I worked with [name] for a long time, and I will never forget his/her kindness and friendship.
- We remember [Name] fondly. We will miss him/her sorely.
- We are sorry for your loss. He/she was a great person to work with.
- [Name] was the life of the office. He/she will be greatly missed.
- Our family’s thoughts go out to you and your family.
- Nothing will be the same without [Name]. He/she was such an important part of our lives.
- He/she was a caring and wonderful colleague. We will all miss him/her greatly.
If you need to fill out a funeral card for the loss of a co-worker, here are some suggestions.
Funeral Flower Messages from an Employer
- I cannot tell you how much we will miss [Name]. He/she was a wonderful part of our company.
- You have my deepest sympathies during this difficult time.
- [Name] ‘s colleagues and I will miss him/her deeply. Our heartfelt condolences to you.
- All of us here will miss [Name] greatly. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- [Name] was loved and respected by all who knew him/her—our condolences to you and your family.
- [Name] will be fondly remembered by all of us here. We will miss him/her.
- Our deepest condolences on your loss. [Name] will be missed by all of us.
- I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
On the same note, if you’re an employer who lost an employee, these are appropriate messages from which to choose.
Religious Funeral Flower Messages
- [Name] is now in God’s arms.
- May the Lord bless [Name] and keep him/her in His care.
- May you gently rest in God’s arms.
- [Name] ‘s soul is now at peace with the Lord.
- A silent thought and a quiet prayer, for a special person, in God’s care.
- In God’s arms, may you gently rest.
- Our prayer is just a simple prayer; God bless and keep you in His care.
- For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s. Romans 14:8
Sometimes a message that is religious in intent is the most appropriate for funeral flowers.
Short and Simple Funeral Flower Messages
- May you rest in peace.
- Gone but not forgotten.
- You will be forever in our thoughts.
- You will forever be in our hearts.
- You will forever be in our thoughts.
- Sorely missed.
- You will be greatly missed.
- Thinking of you.
Whatever the relationship is to the person who has passed, there are general messages you can use.
What Not to Write as a Funeral Flower Message
Although there are many messages you can choose to write, there are some you should avoid.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- They are in a better place.
- It’s all part of God’s plan.
- It’s God’s will.
- I understand your pain.
- I know what you are feeling.
- You will see them again one day.
- It is for the best.
- They lived a full life.
It’s not that your intentions are bad, but these messages are not the most comforting for the mourning.
Choosing a Funeral Card Message
Choosing a funeral card message that truly says what you are feeling is difficult. The messages we’ve listed above will hopefully give you an idea of what you can write. You can change or adapt any one of the messages to fit your situation.